By David C. Cassidy
Read or Download A Short History of Physics in the American Century (New histories of science, technology, and medicine) PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
Walden's Shore explores Thoreau's knowing of the "living rock" on which life's complexity depends--not as metaphor yet as actual technology. Robert Thorson's topic is Thoreau the rock and mineral collector, interpreter of landscapes, and box scientist whose compass and measuring stick have been as vital to him as his plant press.
Discovering Equilibrium explores the post–World conflict II transformation of economics through developing a background of the facts of its imperative dogma—that a aggressive industry economic system may perhaps own a suite of equilibrium costs. The version economic climate for which the theory should be proved was once mapped out in 1954 by means of Kenneth Arrow and Gerard Debreu collaboratively, and by means of Lionel McKenzie individually, and could turn into widely recognized because the "Arrow-Debreu version.
The essays during this assortment discover our reliance on specialists inside a ancient context and throughout quite a lot of fields, together with agriculture, engineering, health and wellbeing sciences and labour administration. participants argue that specialists have been hugely conscious of their audiences and used functionality to realize either medical and well known help.
The 7th quantity in a 29-volume set which comprise all Charles Darwin's released works. Darwin was once probably the most influential figures of the nineteenth century. His paintings continues to be a principal topic of research within the heritage of rules, the background of technology, zoology, botany, geology and evolution.
- Good Science, Bad Science, Pseudoscience, and Just Plain Bunk: How to Tell the Difference
- Receptions of Descartes: Cartesianism and Anti-Cartesianism in Early Modern Europe (Routledge Studies in Seventeenth-Century Philosophy)
- Philosophies of Environmental Education and Democracy: Harris, Dewey, and Bateson on Human Freedoms in Nature (The Cultural and Social Foundations of Education)
- A Popular California Flora, or Manual of Botany for Beginners
- Alchemy and Authority in the Holy Roman Empire
- David Hume, Sceptic (SpringerBriefs in Philosophy)
Additional resources for A Short History of Physics in the American Century (New histories of science, technology, and medicine)
A Short History of Physics in the American Century (New histories of science, technology, and medicine) by David C. Cassidy
- New PDF release: Ultimi: Così le statistiche condannano l'Italia (Einaudi.
- Philippe Jandrok's La Vérité vous affranchira: Ne soyez plus dupes ! (French PDF